USAHello Classroom Forums GED and HiSet Problems with the Website. Lost Progress.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kory Northrop 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

dasa turnsin
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been doing the math section of the GED training and was up to Lesson 11 PEMDAS when suddenly the website was no longer responsive. When it finally did become responsive again it deleted all of my progress. What’s up? How can I get all of my progress back?

Kory Northrop
    Keymaster

Dasa,

Sorry to hear about your experience and sorry that it’s taken a few days to respond. Our website was recently hacked and we had to restore it using a backup, which means any progress that our students made through their Courses and Quizzes were lost. There was no easy way for us to keep the newest student data and restore our website to a previous, healthy state. We apologize for the inconvenience and for you having to retake the Lessons that you completed. Below is an email from our Co-President that was sent out a few days ago, please reach out if you have any further questions.

We are writing to tell you that our classroom.therefugeecenter.org website was recently hacked. This means someone used a computer to break into our website.

As far as we know, none of your personal information was taken. We have already taken all safety precautions and we have fixed everything on our classroom website.

However, we wanted to send you an email to warn you to please be extra careful. If you receive an email that looks like it’s from the Refugee Center Online, please check the email address. Do not download anything. You should only take lessons inside of our classroom.

If anyone contacts you claiming they are from the Refugee Center Online and asks for your personal information, do not respond and please notify us at: info@therefugeecenter.org. We will not email you for personal information. Do not ever share your password or any credit card information with anyone who contacts you over email.

If you have any problems accessing the RCO Classroom site, please email: info@therefugeecenter.org and we will help you.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thank you,
    Jessica Marks
    Co-President
    The Refugee Center Online

The forum ‘GED and HiSet’ is closed to new topics and replies.